Children’s Ministry Workshops Available For Your Church
SECC Children’s Ministry is excited to present “Workshop Your Way (WYW).” WYW is a way of meeting the local church ministry needs by having workshops that are requested by the local church based on their current needs. What does it take to have a WYW in your local church?
Meal Time: 3:30pm-5:30pm
Picnic Area Hours: 3:30pm-7pm
Park Hours: 10:30am-9pm
Ticket Price: $50
Parking Pass: $20- Pay at the park
Includes all you can eat lunch buffet
Season Pass Holders can buy a dinner ticket for $25.00
Tickets must be purchased in advanced.
Tickets can be picked up at the conference office during office hours. Office is located at 11330 Pierce Street, Riverside, CA 92505. Call 951-509-2260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Look for the tan EZ-ups and the Worship at the Beach banner
We are at the end of the beach right before the entrance to the base, straight across from Sunset Park.
We will bring the Big Franks, Hot Dog Buns, S’mores.
You bring whatever you want to grill.
Games – Volleyball, Football, Frisbees, and many more.
Contests – Yes, this year we are going to be judging a few contests on the beach and we will have prizes. Here are the contests below.
Sand Sculpture – You will be judged on complexity, uniqueness, and overall appeal
Sand Castle – You can have as many or as little people on your team. You must bring your own tools. We will only be supplying a bucket per team.
Best Dessert on the Beach – Desserts must be put together on the beach
The Bible QUIZ-A-RAMA is a full-scaled production Bible quiz designed to stimulate the minds of the youth of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The following rules will govern this contest.
- Teams: Each church will be allowed to have ten (10) members on its team. There is no minimum age limit but the maximum age of a team member is 25 years of age. Conference employed ministers and Bible Instructors cannot be selected as team members.
- Subject: The quizmaster will ask questions pertaining to the subject. The questions will be taken from the New King James Version of the Bible.
- Questions: All questions will be multiple choice in nature and every team will have an opportunity to answer the same questions at the same time. Sample question:
What is the Network?
The Network was developed as a tool to keep churches within a certain geographical area connected. It easily allows our churches to support each other and work together to lift up Christ before our youth and the world. A system of Networks is recommended for every conference in North America to strengthen the youth ministry of the local church.
What is the purpose of the Network?
The purpose of the Network is to:
- Encourage spiritual and social fellowship among Adventist youth by providing events which bring outstanding speakers, musicians, and church leaders to inspire and nurture youth in their spiritual and social development.
- To strengthen local church organizations by modeling excellent programs, and by providing an occasion that requires planning and involvement of each area church youth group.
Why become part of the Network? Continue reading
The Deputy/Assistant director:
1. Shall accept the assignments of the director and share in the leadership responsibility of the club.
2. Takes charge of club meetings in the absence of the director and may be asked by the director to preside at staff meetings.
3. Should possess the same high qualities of leadership as outlined for the director.
4. Should work closely and respectfully with the director.